This easy-to-use sewing pattern will take you through the steps to making the Arielle skirt, with jargon-busting instructions and photos showing you how to sew each part.
Arielle is an asymmetric pencil or mini skirt with an adorable button opening to one side. Long darts and a high waistline create a flattering, figure-hugging shape. The unlined version is an ideal project for confident beginners, or take your sewing prowess up a notch by adding the optional luxury lining.
SKILL LEVEL - Confident Beginners
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Medium-weight woven fabrics such as stretch cotton, sateen, denim, gabardine, brocade, suiting, pincord, lighter weight canvas or wools. Choose something with enough body to hold the shape, but not too thick or the darts will be bulky. A touch of stretch would be a bonus.
- Skirt fabric – 0.9m (1 yard) x 150cm (60in) wide for sizes 1-3
OR 1.6m (1¾ yards) x 150cm (60in) wide for sizes 4-8
OR 1.7m (1 7/8 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide for all sizes
- Optional: Lining fabric – 0.7m (7/8 yard) x 150cm (60in) wide
OR 1.3m (1½ yards) x 115cm (45in) wide for all sizes
- Matching thread
- 1m (1 yard) medium weight iron-on interfacing
- 6 - 8 x 2cm (3/4in) buttons
- Sewing machine and basic tools, incl buttonhole foot