We're pleased as punch to welcome you back to our brick-and-mortar shop in Hamilton, Ontario for private, in-store shopping appointments! We know that shopping for fabric is a highly tactile experience, so we've updated the layout of our shop to allow for physical distancing. In-store shoppers will have first access to new items before they're listed here in our webshop! Make sure to subscribe to our newsletter to preview Coming Soon items!
Shopping appointments are available every Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. Each appointment will be limited to one person for a max of 40 minutes -- plenty of time to discuss projects, touch and feel fabric, peruse our patterns and more.
We kindly ask that customers reserve in-store shopping appointments for when it feels necessary (e.g. when you need to touch and feel fabric, or need assistance pulling fabric for a project).
If you only need a notion or two, please consider browsing our online shop first and choosing local pick up at checkout. Once we've received confirmation of your booking, you'll be forwarded a shopping questionnaire that will help you plan your visit.
Sidenote: if you need help matching thread to fabric from your stash, we're now offering curbside thread matching!
COVID-19 Precautions and In-Store Shopping Policies
- Customers are required to wear a mask, covering their nose and mouth for the entirety of the appointment. Disposable masks are available to purchase for $1.
- Customers are required to use hand sanitizer upon entry. We'll have hand sanitizer readily available to use should you accidentally touch your face or mask.
- Please maintain 2m distance from others in the shop. This might feel a bit awkward at first, but we should have plenty of space to move around in the new configuration of the shop.
- We understand the need to touch and feel our fabric - that's the whole point of shopping for fabric in-store! However, when it comes to products such as notions, books and patterns, please ask for assistance to minimize unnecessary touching of products.
- We are accepting Debit and Visa/Mastercard payments only. We're unable to accept cash at this time.
- Staff members observe the same health and safety precautions by wearing a face shield while moving around the shop, regularly performing hand hygiene and sanitizing work stations.
- High touch surfaces will be regularly sanitized after each appointment.