Noodlehead - Hillside Tote
Perfect for on the go when you want something a little simpler but still keep organized. This classic crossbody with a zip top closure will be one you will want to make over and over again. Feature your favorite print or keep it simple with a solid! Includes front and back exterior pockets and interior pockets. Adjustable strap makes it wearable in any season. Perfect for gifting! Regular size and mini!
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
- top zipper to keep your belongings secure
- front and back exterior pockets
- two sizes to sew, regular and mini!
Approx. Finished Dimensions:
9 ½” wide by 3” deep (measured at base), 9 ¼” tall, width at top opening is 12 ½” [8 ¼” wide by 2 ½” deep (measured at base), 8 ¼” tall, width at top opening is 10 ½”]
Requirements based on 44”-wide fabric.
Exterior fabric requirement* not suitable for one-way directional fabric.
Mini size noted in [brackets].
FQ=Fat Quarter (18” x 22”)
- ½ yard [FQ] Exterior Fabric*
- ½ [½] yard Accent Fabric (includes Exterior pockets and Strap/Strap Holders)
- ¾ [½] yard Lining Fabric (includes Interior Pocket)
- 2 ¼ [1 7/8] yards Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101 - 20”-wide)^
- (1) 12” [10”] zipper for top closure
- (2) 1”-wide d-rings, (2) 1”-wide swivel clasps AND (1) 1”-wide strap slider
- (1) 18mm thin magnetic snap (for front pocket closure)
Recommended Fabrics: Canvas (6-8 oz. weight) for exterior and Accent fabric. Quilting cotton or lightweight canvas for Lining.
^= depending on your exterior or accent fabric choice (such as a heavier canvas or a waxed canvas in a 7-9 oz. weight), you may be able to omit the interfacing for the exterior fabric and/or some of the accent pieces. For this option, reduce fusible interfacing requirement to 1 ¼ [¾] yards and do not interface those pieces.
Additional supplies + tools: Polyester thread, water-soluble pen/tailor’s chalk, cutting mat, ruler, rotary cutter, size 14 or 16 denim or Microtex needle, glue or glue pen, (optional) 1”-wide x 50” leather strap/webbing (or length as desired) may be substituted for fabric strap
Featured Fabrics are Surface by Amy van Luijk for Figo Fabrics.