Wednesday December 20th, 2017
We are looking to add a new part-time retail member and a garment sewing instructor to our close knit team here at Needlework!
PART TIME RETAIL MEMBER:
- Impeccable and enthusiastic customer service - must be positive, friendly, and fun!
- Tidy, organized, and self-motivated
- Strong sewing skills and with sewing machine and serger knowledge
- Comfortable and confident with using social media (instagram, facebook). Good styling skills are a plus!
- Must be available to work weekends
PART TIME GARMENT SEWING INSTRUCTOR:
- Able to confidently sew garments with both woven and knit fabrics (see our current roster of garment classes here)
- Good understanding of how to use and troubleshoot problems on sewing machines and sergers
- Able to fit garments and adjust commercial patterns to fit all body types (so students with bigger busts, smaller hips, etc are able to create a well fitting garment).
- Interested in teaching kids as well as adults
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and patient
- Available to work some weekday evenings and weekend days
If interested in and qualified for either of these positions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume as well as a paragraph about why you want to work at Needlework, and three photos in PDF format of things you’ve made (something sewed/embroidered/dyed/printed/designed etc - something you are proud of!). We look forward to hearing from you!
Application deadline for both positions: Thursday January 4th, 2018